Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Start your engines ....

... but as I tell the neighbors, my idea of a power tool is NOT a lawnmower ... it is a sewing machine!

What else to do on a hot 93° day? Sew a long-sleeved blouse that will be worn in the September style show.  It's hard to be enthusiastic about long sleeves and fall colors when I am wearing bright summer colors and trying to stay cool. 

This is the second garment I've finished for one of the models, the other being the dark green fitted pants that will be worn with this shirt.

Since the model lives in Michigan and I live in southern Ohio, my dress form will have to step in as a proxy.  This is a tailored shirt (which in TCC terms that means no side bust dart, only waist darts) with trifit darts (three fisheye darts on each side, front and back).


 So that means 6 darts in the front and 6 in the back .. but since they are double-ended darts it is the same as sewing 24 separate darts!  Some other design details are that a sweetheart neckline was chosen and the blouse has a center back invisible zipper.

 I can't believe I even put in the hem ... this is DONE!  DONE!  DONE!

No comments: