Wednesday, September 16, 2009

One More Outfit


the blouse just needs buttonholes, buttons, and hems ... this one will go with all three pairs of pants ...

I know you can't tell from this picture, but the blouse is a fitted silhouette and actually combines two TCC patterns and we call it the Classic Rev Hippie. My dress form just doesn't fill it out the way I do.

The front is the Classic blouse which has one side bust dart and one waist dart that I've extended all the way through the hem. The back (the rev -- for "reverse") is an empire with a skirt that has a center seam with some flare added. That seems to be the best fit for my body.

I had planned to make something with a collar but I really don't like wearing collars ... and I want to be comfortable, right? This is a soft challis (maybe rayon?) and I didn't think a collar would be a good design decision, even with interfacing.

Now ... off to design the jacket that will go with all three outfits .....




1 comment:

Mysterysalad said...

I don't know how you manage to sew that much in so little time. :-) I'm looking forward to seeing your Novi wardrobe.

Jean